Fog Woman Coffee is pleased to announce: The 2016 Fog Woman Coffee Higher Education Scholarship award is $1500! – Application period open February 1 – May 31, 2016. Good luck!
Fog Woman Coffee higher education scholarship:
Higher education is the key to your future success! Past applicants who did not receive an award and non-traditional students are encouraged to apply. Are you a past recipient of the Fog Woman Coffee Scholarship? We would like to hear from you. Let us know what you are doing.
- Please Mail Application and all documents to: 2016 Application
Fog Woman Coffee Scholarship
PO BOX 11691
Bainbridge IS, WA 98110
All Alaska Natives who are defined as “Native” under the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act. 43 U.S.C. 16029(b) or • Native lineal descendants of Alaska Natives enrolled in an urban or village native corporation, or from Metlakatla Indian Community. Must provide name of tribe and urban or village corporation affiliation and copy of enrollment card.
- Selection Criteria: Applicants will be selected and awarded a scholarship based on the following:
- Financial Need
- Academic Achievement- min 2.5 GPA
- Applicants personal history and educational goals
- Applicants positive contribution to their community
Get Out The Native Vote Media Contest!
Do you vote? Do you think it’s important for your voice to be heard?
Tanana Chiefs Conference wants to know why you take the time to fill out a ballot, whether it be at the local, state or federal level.
We want to get our beneficiaries excited about participating in the democratic process, so we are hosting a contest to help us generate promotional materials that are inspiring to our community members.
· Contest Description:
· Create a poster or a video (less than 5 minutes in length) describing why voting is important to you and why others should get to the ballot box!
o All Tanana Chiefs Conference beneficiaries not currently employed by TCC.
· Contestants younger than 18 will need to submit a parental consent form, found here: link on web page.
· How to Enter:
o Email attachment to marna.sanford before March 4th, 2016.
o Mail thumb drive with electronic file, DVD, CD or hardcopy to 122 1st Ave., Ste. 600, Fairbanks, Alaska 99701
· Winners will be announced at our annual Convention, March 14-17, 2016 and featured at our Get Out The Native Vote Convention presentation.
o 1st place poster and 1st place video will win an iPad
o 2nd place poster and 2nd place video will win $50 iTunes card
· 3rd place poster and 3rd place video will win $20 iTunes card
· Judging Criteria:
o Clear and convincing message
o Visual appeal
· Design originality
· Copyright/Original Work/Intellectual Property Rights:
o Each contestant represents that he or she is the sole author and owner of their submission and that the poster does not infringe any copyright of a third party; by entering contest, each contestant grants perpetual license to use and distribute submission.
Please be reminded that the Doyon Foundation Language Grant deadline is February 12, 2016.
Our Language Revitalization Program will award six language revitalization grants up to $5,000 each. These grants will be awarded to organizations who wish to undertake a project to revitalize their Native language. Proposals are due by February 12, 2016. To learn more, view our flyer or download the application packet.
Don Young Washington, D.C. Internship Program
Through these internships, students will gain invaluable experience in the legislative process by working side-by-side my team of experienced staff.
Internships run throughout the fall, spring, and summer semesters for college students. It’s important to note, summer internships are highly competitive due to the large volume of applicants.
Suggested Internship Application Dates
Internship applications in my office are always accepted on a rolling basis; however I encourage all prospective applicants to submit their materials by the dates listed below.
- Summer Internship Application: April 15
- Fall Internship Application: August 15
- Spring Internship Application: December 15
If interested, click HERE for more information on how to apply.