Doyon Foundation is currently accepting applications for scholarships for the fall 2016 semester! If you are planning to attend college or vocational school this fall, be sure to submit your application by 5 p.m. on Monday, May 16.
We’ll be awarding competitive scholarships, which range from $5,000 to $9,000, as well as basic scholarships, which are $800 for part-time students and $1,200 for full-time students.
Competitive scholarships are awarded through a competitive review process, while basic scholarships are awarded to all students who meet the eligibility guidelines and submit a completed application by the appropriate deadline.
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
- Be enrolled to Doyon, Limited or be the child of an original enrollee.
- Be accepted to an accredited college, university, technical or vocational school.
- Maintain a minimum GPA (see website for details).
- Be enrolled in a minimum number of credits (see website for details).
Remember – scholarship applications are only accepted online. To apply, students should:
- Create an account if you don’t already have one. It is highly recommended you create an account at least two weeks prior to the application deadline, as the shareholder verification process can take up to three business days.
- Log in.
- After successfully logging on, click “students,” then select “Scholarship Apply/Review/Edit.”
- Pick a scholarship by clicking “apply now.”
If you need computer access, you are welcome to come to the Foundation office at the Doyon Industrial Facility, 615 Bidwell Ave., Suite 101 in Fairbanks. Foundation staff is also available to answer any questions or help with any issues you encounter with the application process.
In addition to the competitive and basic scholarships, we also offer short-term vocational and advanced college credit scholarships. Applications for these are accepted year-round.
For more information on scholarship eligibility or the application process, visit www.doyonfoundation.com or contact Maurine McGinty, scholarship program manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907.459.2049.