Thank you to everyone who joined us for the Doyon Foundation 2017 spring student dinner! Nearly 50 guests, including students, alumni and donors, enjoyed the event, which took place February 10 in Fairbanks. View more event photos on Facebook.
We were especially honored to welcome our special guests, including Al Sr. and Betty Ketzler; Foundation board president Lanien Livingston, vice president Paul Mountain, new member LaVerne Demientieff; and Doyon, Limited chair Walter “Wally” Carlo.
The menu included fish strips, half dried and baked salmon, moose soup, a salmon casserole, cupcakes and blueberry dessert, contributed by Paul Mountain, Doris Miller, Maurine McGinty, Susan Paskvan, Lessa Peter and LaVerne Demientieff.
In addition to the meal, we had a Valentine’s Day card-making table, and Susan Paskvan led a paper/rock/scissors game in Denaakk’e!
As if the delicious food and fun activities weren’t enough, many guests went home as winners of some fabulous door prizes, including:
- Woman’s fleece sweater
- Coffee mug and $25 Starbucks gift card
- Star Wars movie basket
- Valentine’s baking basket
- Fleece blanket
- Round-trip ticket on Ravn Alaska
- Beaded key chain and cardholder, donated by alumnus Allan Hayton
- University of Alaska Fairbanks Department of Social Work gift bags filled with coffee mugs, candy, notepads and more, donated by board member LaVerne Demientieff
- $25 Fred Meyer gift card, donated by alumna Sheryl Meierotto
We were thrilled with the wonderful turnout at our spring student dinner, and can’t wait for the fall event! Keep an eye on our website, blog and Facebook page, or subscribe to our email list, for details on future events – we hope to see you there!