Candidates sought for scholarship review committee
Would you like to help connect students with scholarships? We have the perfect opportunity! We currently have three open seats on the Doyon Foundation competitive scholarship review committee. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by Friday, April 28.
To qualify for this position, candidates must:
- Be a Doyon shareholder.
- Be age 18 or older.
- Value and support higher education.
- Be committed to serve a three-year term.
- Have an internet-accessible computer with recent version of web browser installed (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera).
- Attend an orientation in May/June in Fairbanks, either in person or via teleconference.
- Spend 30 – 40 hours reviewing, evaluating and scoring all competitive scholarship applications online via the Doyon Foundation website.
- Attend a one-day meeting in Fairbanks in June/July to award the scholarships.
- Meet with Doyon Foundation administration to review and recommend competitive scholarship policy changes.
Candidates residing in rural areas are preferred, but applications from urban candidates are also welcomed. Please note that per IRS regulations, committee members cannot be employees of the Doyon Family of Companies or Doyon Foundation.
Service on the scholarship review committee is on a voluntary basis. Individuals interested in giving back and helping students achieve their full potential are encouraged to consider serving on this important committee.
Interested candidates should submit a résumé and a letter of interest outlining why they’d like to serve to Doris Miller, Foundation executive director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 28. The Doyon Foundation board of directors will select the new committee member at their next regularly scheduled meeting in Fairbanks.