a.) Be a U.S. citizen or an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States
b.) Be currently enrolled in, or have received a diploma from, a qualified Alaska high school
c.) Plan to pursue a career as a teacher in Alaska
d.) Join the Change Force and register for the scholarship at DriveChangeAK.org
To get started, please prepare and submit the following:
• Two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors or mentors
• Explain – via two formats – why you want to become a teacher in Alaska.
As a response is prepared, please consider one or more of the following to address in the video application and written statement:
1. What are the qualities you believe every teacher should possess?
2. As a teacher, how do you think you would inspire others or change lives?
3. As a teacher, how would you empower others to drive change in our state?
• The written statement can be no more than 140 characters and must answer one or more of the questions listed above.
• A video no longer than two minutes in length, housed on a separate Vimeo or YouTube site. Please provide a link to that video within the form you’re about to complete. This video should also answer one or more answers to the questions listed above.
The Scholarship prize is a $12,000 UA Presidential Scholarship to any of UA’s campuses.
The scholarship opportunity will be open for entries February 3 through April 3, 2017.